Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Sahar_lt
Frequent Visitor

Change report background color dynamically

Hi,

I was wondering to know if it is possible to change the "Report background color" dynamically?

I don't want to use bookmark. Since the report doesn't have color conditional formatting and there is no option to change the color based on field value, is there any other solution to change the image or color dynamically without using bookmark?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sahar_lt ,

Do you want to change the Page Background Color dynamiclly in Power BI Desktop? I think Power BI doesn't support you to do this currently. There is not conditional formatting function in Page Background Color. Bookmark seems that couldn't record the Background color or Background image. 

Your demand is a good idea, while it is not supported to implement in Power BI currently.
You can submit a new idea to improve the Power BI.
It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Podiumbi
Frequent Visitor

Would something like this work for you?

I created a Parameter and made the values go from 1 to 595.

Snag_1c943e9e.png

I created a color table using the enter data feature and added a column for color, code, and id.  I downloaded the color codes from the web.

Snag_1c957eee.png

Then I joined the color table to the parameter table on ID.

Snag_1c963770.png

Then I created a simple measure that grab the color code.

Snag_1c978e84.png

Lastly, I passed the color into the background expression.

Snag_1c9acbdd.png

Here is the result in a animated gif.  To view the full report you can go to https://www.podiumbi.com/powerbi-reporting-software/ and in the footer there is a link for the color picker.  If you want the PBIX file just email me.

podium-bi-color-picker-dynamic.gif

v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sahar_lt ,

Do you want to change the Page Background Color dynamiclly in Power BI Desktop? I think Power BI doesn't support you to do this currently. There is not conditional formatting function in Page Background Color. Bookmark seems that couldn't record the Background color or Background image. 

Your demand is a good idea, while it is not supported to implement in Power BI currently.
You can submit a new idea to improve the Power BI.
It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you so much Rico. I posted the idea. I am new to Power BI and your recommendation was helpful.

Regards,

sahar

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.