Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mordack550

Certificate Private Custom Visual

Hi, my company made a custom visual specific for one of our clients.

One of the objectives of this visual is to have some info exported on PPTs, but right now the client cannot do that since the visual is not certified.

How can I certify the visual, given that:

• The visual MUST NOT be publicly available on AppSource (this is mandatory. the code is private, the compiled visual is private, and the visual depends on client's services)
  • The visual makes REST calls to a specific client web service, which is forbidden
  • The visual renders sanitized HTML with d3, which is forbidden

Given that the visual is private, some of this concers are less of a problem, since the client is fully aware that we are calling a remote service (that's why we made the visual in the first place).

Is it possible to do that? There's no mentions on the documentation about visuals not made for the general public.

The final goal is to have the visual rendered in PPT and PDF.

Thanks,

Alessandro

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dm-p
Super User
Super User

Hi @mordack550,

The rules are explicit - a visual has to be published to AppSource in order for it to be eligible for certification. It's not possible to certify privately developed visuals.

Regards,

Daniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

My course: Introduction to Developing Power BI Visuals

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
dm-p
Super User
Super User

Hi @mordack550,

The rules are explicit - a visual has to be published to AppSource in order for it to be eligible for certification. It's not possible to certify privately developed visuals.

Regards,

Daniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

My course: Introduction to Developing Power BI Visuals

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.