Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

no_one_but_me
Frequent Visitor

Can I display the date and time column according to users location?

I have a data which is a "SharePoint Online" as source and I need a display a date and time column in the table visual

Currently I am displaying data in the PST format for "US" if users location is in  US and BST if the users location is "UK" The problem is I am displaying US and UK timezone in a single date/time column i.e..,

LocationDate and Time
US06/31/2021 05:30 AM + 8:00
UK06/10/2021 07:30 AM + 1:00

But The requirement is the "Date and Time" column should be displayed according to the users current location whenever they login 

It should be in a single column with their own timezones and that should be dynamic It should get the users location and query the data accordingly

For Example:

UsernameLocationDate and Time
SarahUS06/31/2021 05:30 AM 
JustinUK05/10/2021 07:30 AM 

When Sarah logins and check for the report the result of the Date and Time should be like below:

SarahUS06/31/2021 05:30 AM+8:00
JustinUK05/10/2021 07:30 AM + 8:00

When Justin logins and check the report the result of the Date and Time should be like below:

SarahUS06/31/2021 05:30 AM+1:00
JustinUK05/10/2021 07:30 AM + 1:00

Can I display it as above . If yes,please do help me

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @no_one_but_me ,

You can refer the content in the following blogs to get it:

Handling Different Time Zones in Power BI / Power Query

Dynamic time zone conversion using Power BI

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yiruan-msft ,

Thanks for the reply , I have already done this but User should not select the timezone, that should happen from the backend, power bi should get their location and display without selecting of any timezone can that be possible?

Hi @no_one_but_me ,

Please try to add a custom column for the date columns with the below formula, and the data type of new column will be Text:

=DateTimeZone.From([Datetime])

yingyinr_0-1625043492829.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yiruan-msft 

This is giving me my timezone i.e., in IST but if I open in the PST timezone that is still showing me the IST time I want to show the Date and Time column in PST 

This is not changing dynamically

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.