Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mm456
Frequent Visitor

Automate a calculated column with PowerShell

Hi all,

I'm trying to automate a PowerBi report that I have published that uses parameters to change the values for data coming from AzureBlobs.  I have one report and I'm using powershell to deploy changes to various workspaces such as changing the title of the report. However, I have a calculated called Area (below) that checks for specific strings in another column and renames them.

Area = SWITCH (

TRUE(),
    CONTAINSSTRING(Data[Service],"Dev"),"Test",
    CONTAINSSTRING(Data[Service],"demo"),"Demo",
     "Other"
    )

Since, I'm using multiple datasources and expect this column to change from time to time with different values thus the calculation must be done on the fly. How can I calcucate this field either using PowerShell or within PowerBI or any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Marl

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

That's more something you would do with ALM Toolkit or Tabular Editor. You can ask them to script the action and then "borrow"  the XMLA and reuse it in your Powershell scripts.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors