Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

stefanik
Helper I
Helper I

Asking for gateways results in DMTS_MonikerNotFoundError

Hi,

i'm trying to use PowerBI API in order to obtain gateways in my Dataset: 

https://api.powerbi.com/v1.0/myorg/groups/[groupID]/datasets/[datasetID]/Default.GetBoundGatewayData...

I receive this:

{
    "error": {
        "code""DMTS_MonikerNotFoundError",
        "pbi.error": {
            "details": [
                {
                    "detail": {
                        "type"1,
                        "value""ef885c9c-b03b-434b-942d-df39c05663cc, 76da5098-6618-4aac-9ae0-5201832561fe"
                    }
                }
            ],
            "exceptionCulprit"1
        }
    }
}

I'm already able to perform this with others dataset but not with this. The only difference is this has two source in it: one for AzureDWH and one for AzureSQLServer.
I'm also able to retreive parameters with /parameters, so i suppose the token is correctly configured!

What i've missed?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
stefanik
Helper I
Helper I

I don't know what DMTS_MonikerNotFoundError means but it seems related to the dataset publisher owner. The dataset was already published with a specific owner and the API doesn't work,but if i publish it with the service principal i use for gateways retrieve, it works!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
stefanik
Helper I
Helper I

I don't know what DMTS_MonikerNotFoundError means but it seems related to the dataset publisher owner. The dataset was already published with a specific owner and the API doesn't work,but if i publish it with the service principal i use for gateways retrieve, it works!

Hi @stefanik ,

As far as I know, the error message "DMTS_MonikerNotFoundError" indicates that the gateway name you provided in the API request is not valid. Also I couldn't find any parameter about gateway like ID or Name in your link.

Please make sure that the gateway name is correct and that the gateway is registered with the Power BI service.

You can check the list of registered gateways in the Power BI admin portal.

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.