Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rschaudhr
Resolver II
Resolver II

select a value from company from slicer should return companies from the industry it belongs to.

I have a company name slicer and it shows only value of the company I have selected as shown below:

rschaudhr_0-1705518394890.png

In the above example, I have selected LiveWorld, Inc and it belongs to industry called Internet software & service. However, what I want to do is I want to select LiveWorld, Inc and it should return all companies in the indusrty in my case internet software & service. It should look like below:

rschaudhr_2-1705518684744.png

So, In the above example I have selected LiveWorld and it is returning all the companies within Internet software and services belong to. 

Also, company name and industry are one table. 

I hope this is clear. 

Thank you in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
gadielsolis
Super User
Super User

The detail you want to show for the selected company is the industry only or there are other details from different tables yoy want to show?

gadielsolis
Super User
Super User

Hello,

My suggestion would be the following:

1-Create a new table with the fields company and industry (this can be achieved using summarize)

gadielsolis_0-1705519633627.png

2-Create a slicer with the field Company from the new table

gadielsolis_1-1705519682336.png

3-Use the following dax to filter the values based on the selected company in the slicer:

gadielsolis_2-1705519724430.png

Then you can add the company field in a matrix (the one from the original table) and the measure in values and this will be filtered based in the industry assigned to the selected company in the slicer:

gadielsolis_3-1705519781683.png

Another thing I have noticed is that if I bring in additional fields in the filter table, it shows the first value only. 

rschaudhr_1-1705530266103.png

Thank you for your replay. It worked perfectlyfor what I had asked.  However, I do want one visual that will show the details of the company I had selected. So, in essence, I am looking for one visual that has details on one company and another visual that has details on all the companies within the industry of the selected company. 

Another thing about this  I have brought in other fields in summarize filter table and it seems that only the first value is displayed. 

rschaudhr_0-1705530187393.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.