Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Jeanxyz
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

schedule automatic data export from Power BI to Excel

I need to export a matrix visual from Power BI to Excel online via Power Automate. I have done this before using the approach described in the  video below. However, this approach doesn't work this time because in the matrix there is a complex measure (involving 2 fact tables, vars, 3 calendar slicers) which I can't embed in selectcolumn() query. As a result, I can only export the data via a Power Automate button which means I have to click the export button every Friday. 

Is there a solution to solve this problem? Basically I want to run a scheduled Power Automate flow, but the flow should allow me to export complex measures. 

Automatic exports of Power BI data 🤖 | Run a query against a dataset

3 REPLIES 3
Ritaf1983
Super User
Super User

Hi @Jeanxyz 
Did you try to achieve it with the paginated report and run your flow against it?

I didn't use paginated report. I want to create a Power Automate flow to schedule the data export. 

I got it...you said that is doesnt work...just tried to sudgest some other alternative...

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.