Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vondravl
Frequent Visitor

personalize slicer type

Hi,

I created slicer type: 'Relative Date'. I would like to allow users to change type to 'List' or 'Between'. I allowed personalize option for this visual and the users are able to change visual but not to change slicer type. What am I doing wrong?

As you can see on picture the option to change slicer type is missing and as for changing visual - I'm able to do this but when choose slicer - the same type of slicer is applied. Appretiate any help.

vondravl_0-1598962249415.png

vondravl_1-1598962256171.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hi  @vondravl 

First, If you want to change type of the slicer, you need to change it in edit view not read view. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/service-interact-with-a-report-in-editing-v...

second, for your requirement, it couldn't achieve in personalize visual mode for now,

and a simple way, you could import some other slicer from marketplace. for example: Smart Filter by OKViz, which is list type.

Now you could switch them in personalize visual mode.

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hi, three dots give these options

vondravl_0-1598963117137.png

Slicer type is generally changes by this dropdown (see red circle in image below). Problem is I can't see this option in published report.

vondravl_0-1598963315208.png

@vondravl , look for down arrow , near to 3 dots and eraser. Hover near to corner

Screenshot 2020-09-01 17.58.08.png

I can see this down arrow in pbi desktop. I can't see it in published report as I write earlier.

From what I can see, you are clicked on slicer visual, so your print screen are probably from pbi desktop. Problem is I want to allow to change slicer type for users who has access to this report. How to do that?

@vondravl , do you have an edit report. Also check visual header need to be enabled

Visual header is enabled.

What do you mean by this: "do you have an edit report" - should I share pbix file?

hi  @vondravl 

First, If you want to change type of the slicer, you need to change it in edit view not read view. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/service-interact-with-a-report-in-editing-v...

second, for your requirement, it couldn't achieve in personalize visual mode for now,

and a simple way, you could import some other slicer from marketplace. for example: Smart Filter by OKViz, which is list type.

Now you could switch them in personalize visual mode.

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.