Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

arpitkumar2310
Frequent Visitor

percentage values in excel when imported to power bi desktop

Hello,

I have an excel table which has two columns containing percentage values. When I imported the dtaa from execl to power bi desktop using "get data", the all the perecentages which were non-zero got converted to 100%. I am uanble to find the reason for the same.

Kindly help. Its urgent.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @arpitkumar2310,

I reproduce your scenario and get expected result.

In excel, there is a table.

1.PNG

Then import the excel table into PowerBI, it shows correctly.

2.PNG

For your issue, please check your data type in excel. And the percentage is resource data or calculated column data? Please share more details for further analysis.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi Angelia,

The solution was that when we import any table in Power BI it automatically goes for data type identification and in this particular case it didnt do it properly. Hence, I had to remove the changed queries and redone it. The question remains, why it happened in the manner in which we didnt expect powerBI to behave? This happened for the first time with me. It shouldn't have happened.

Thank you for your response.

Hi @arpitkumar2310,

Please save your .pbix file and close PowerBI desktop. Reopen your file and reload it again, check if it works fine.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Dear Angelia,

Sorry it didn't worked that way. I had to go to queries, remove the change type and do it again properly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.