Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

gpp007

merging two dates columns between two table

Hello All , 

So i am having some trouble merging two tables in power bi 

fist query consist of portfolio that i receve every quarter with 4 columns (Date, name of ptf, name of stock, quantity of stock) and i might have couple of differente porfolio that are not changing at same days their stock quantity. 

Second query is a price table, i have an extract of all stock price for all days of 2020 with 3 columns (Date, name of stock, price). 

My objective is to get the name of ptf (and there is more than one), name of stock, quantity, and price  on the same query in order to calculate weight of position at any days during the year. 

Hope you can help me 

Thanks a lot

2 REPLIES 2
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi@gpp007

Please check if this link can help you :Merge-tables-based-on-date

If not,sample data (without Sensitive Information)and expected output would help tremendously. Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: How to get your question answered quickly 

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Caitlyn Yan

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@gpp007 it will be easier if you post some sample data and the expected output.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.