Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MikeBresnan
Helper I
Helper I

matrix visualization to display total and count metrics for cash receipts?

I'm probably just choosing the wrong metric or need to add some tables to bridge the data gap, but i am looking to create a matrix-like visualization that gives me both a count of cash receipt transactions, and their total in separate rows. The viz is pulling from a table of individual cash receipts.

I created 2 matrix visuals and overlapped them to give the impression of what i'm looking to do, but as the values change, they fall out of line with each other, and it starts to look wonky, as seen below.power bi example.jpg

My data is basically:

Company | Doc Date | Doc Number | Doc Amnt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
samdthompson
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hello, simplest way is to

1. bring in your DocAmnt and your Doc Number into the values field.

2. Set the DocAmnt to 'sum' and set your Doc Number to 'countdistinct' (drop down arrow on field in values pane). Alternately you could write measures fro them.

3. under formatting, select values and set Show on rows to 'on'

// if this is a solution please mark as such. Kudos always appreciated.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MikeBresnan ,

Sorry for that the information you have provided is not making the problem clear to me🤔

Please provide me with more details about your table and your problem or share me with your pbix file after removing sensitive data.

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin

samdthompson
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hello, simplest way is to

1. bring in your DocAmnt and your Doc Number into the values field.

2. Set the DocAmnt to 'sum' and set your Doc Number to 'countdistinct' (drop down arrow on field in values pane). Alternately you could write measures fro them.

3. under formatting, select values and set Show on rows to 'on'

// if this is a solution please mark as such. Kudos always appreciated.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.