Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Pikachu-Power
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

instagram data via windsor.ai / wrong results

Hello,

I am using the windsor.ai connector to get data from instagram but i struggle with the results:

1)

I cant find any results for link-clicks and shared content which i see in facebook business manager (or meta business suite) for the instagram results. See also documentation:

Windsor.ai Documentation - Instagram Instagram Field Reference

2)

For media_reach, media_like_count and media_comments_count i get wrong results. In facebook business manager (or meta business suite) i see different (and higher) results for instagram. What could be the reason for the difference?

3)

@Adel 

Adel writes in the following post:

Solved: Instagram data in power bi - Microsoft Power BI Community

"But for instagram ads you can get it using the facebook ads connector, because now they are both connected with the meta ads manager"

May it helps when I use Facebook Ads Connector instead of Instagram Connector to get the right Instagram data? But would be strange and twisted way.

May someone has experience with loading instagram data in power bi via windsor.ai and can help.

Best regards

Pikachu-Power

4 REPLIES 4
Adel
Helper III
Helper III

Hello,

1- Here is the field for link clicks https://windsor.ai/connector/instagram/#website_clicks_1d
2- if you could provide some screenshots so we can help with this mismatching issue.
3- Getting instagram ads through Meta's marketing API, which we have under our Facebook ads.
https://developers.facebook.com/docs/marketing-api/guides/instagramads/

I have picked up the topic again and get the same results again. Are there any news here?

Is it maybe the case that the "Instagram Insights" Connector at windsor.ai only supports the organic results but not the paid?

Example for a media postet on instagram:

Power BI / windsor.ai connector Instagram Insights. Result for media_reach = 700

Meta Business Suite. Result for Reach = 200.000

That is a totally different result!

v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @Pikachu-Power

Based on my research, you can refer to these documents and determine if this helps:

How to Connect Instagram and Microsoft Power BI (integration) - Automate.io

Publish Real-Time Instagram Data to PowerBI.com (cdata.com)

powerbi - Import data from Instagram to Power Bi - Stack Overflow

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

We paid for windsor.ai and have everything set up. So I hope we have not to jump to a new connector 🙁

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.