Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kenven01
Helper I
Helper I

Report data cannot be refreshed after changing query vaiables and rpressing refresh button

Hi Gurus,

I designed a BI report based on a SAP BW query with variables to select data. 

The issue is that the data on report cannot be refreshed after editing variable with different value 

(e.g,  change MONTH selection from 2023/12 to 2023/11) and presssing refresh button.

The only way for report data to be refreshed is to select/deselect the data characteristic or key figure of report.

Is there any settings I missed or other ways to make data refresh happen

once changing the variable without changing report  layout ?

Thank you in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
kenven01
Helper I
Helper I

Hi Yolo,

I am unable to locate the parameters you mentioned. 

Please see the attached images.     

My PBI Version: 2.124.1052.0 64-bit , is the lastest one. 20240112_01.jpg20240112_00.jpgVersion: 2.124.1052.0 64-bit .

kenven01
Helper I
Helper I

Hi Yolo,

In power BI desktop, I open a xxx.pbix file and try to show other month's data. The way I change the value of year/month is to press 'Transform data' , select 'Edit variables', select values by clicking on value(s) shown on a pop up windown when I click on more( '...') button of the year/month variable, which is a predefined selection variable in SAP BW query, then select 'Refresh' to refresh values of report. However, nothing changes in the report after this.

Thank you  ~

Hi @kenven01 

Please check whether this parameter is used in the conversion data, for example, when you select the month parameter, you need to use this parameter to filter the relevant data during the data conversion, you can refer to the following link.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/incremental-refresh-configure#filter-data

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-xinruzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kenven01 

Are you referring to the month of modification in the data source or the month filter in the report, can you provide some example images that can give you more suggestions

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.