Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

binayjethwa
Helper IV
Helper IV

how to show duplicate rows/columns in Matrix

Hi,

I have the following matrix tables and different levels of hierarchy.

Here if you see level 1 is having aroung 9 fields, but for actual data there are duplicates.

Like  Top 3 companies in customer exp in KSA is available for 3 times3E’s for substations is also available for 3 times but with different level 2 or level 3. Once i put all these in matrix i see those values are getting summed up and coming as single row.

Is there any way where i see see all those values in level 1 so its not summed up.Thanks in advance.

so I want level 1 to show top 3 companies in customer exp in KSA 3 times in 3 different rows with their heirarchy for all fields applicable.

binayjethwa_0-1672582841086.png

4 REPLIES 4
Madhuri_Reddy

Based on your requirements, you can use table visual.

Madhuri_Reddy_0-1672593977259.png

Best Regards,
Madhuri
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @Madhuri_Reddy  the issue with table is i wll not be able to show hierarchy with +/- icons , hence cannot use table in this scenario.

MAwwad
Super User
Super User

In Power BI, you can use the "expand" feature in the "modeling" tab to show all the duplicated rows in the matrix. To do this, select the column that you want to expand, go to the "modeling" tab, and click the "expand" button. This will create a new table with all the duplicated rows.

You can then add this new table to your matrix visualization and it should show all the duplicated rows in level 1.

Alternatively, you can use a "pivot table" visualization instead of a matrix to achieve the same result. To create a pivot table, select the column that you want to use as the rows of the pivot table, and then drag and drop any additional columns that you want to include as columns or values. This will create a pivot table that shows all the duplicated rows in level 1.

Hi @MAwwad  where exactly is the expand option in modelling tab and how will it create a new table. 

I tried below and nothing showed up.

so basically i have hierarchial data where level 1 , level 2 etc can have same names and duplicates , but i want those duplicates to be visible and not grouped by as power bi does by default. is this possible ?

binayjethwa_1-1672588507376.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.