Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Jeanxyz
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

how to replace a front-end report with another one which uses a different backend data model

how to replace a frontend report with another one with different dataset
11 hours ago

I want to replace a published front-end report with another one. I have prepared the new version report with the same name as the old one. But when I load the new report to the production workspace, it's loaded as a new report with the same report name. I guess Power BI service recognizes that the new report is linked to a different back-end datamodel, hence it keeps both reports instead of replacing the old one with the new front-end report. 

I want the new report to replace the old one so that I don't need to set up the permissions from scratch. Is there a solution to the issue?

2 REPLIES 2
Jeanxyz
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

@SivaMani , I need both data sets. The challenge is I have two data models, one in test environment, one is production environment. Each has it's own front-end report. So I need to keep both data moels in this case. 

SivaMani
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@Jeanxyz , If you are connected to a different dataset, it will go as a new report when you publish it the first time.

You may need to follow the below steps - Note - This option is feasible only if you no longer need the existing dataset,

1. Replace existing dataset with your new dataset
  2. Connect your new report to the dataset and keep the report name the same the existing one
  3. Publish it to Power BI Service - it will replace the existing report

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.