Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

how to display individual tile (visual) from Power BI into a react application

hello there,

Suppose we have a power bi report and report has tabs. Through tabs, lets select only one (or two) individual tile; 
let's say price changes in years " bar chart " and I want to display only this tile in react web application. 

I need dashboard Id and tileId I guess ? https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/dashboards/get-tile

but I just couldn't find out... What I have is as a link = groupId and ReportId
how can I get only individual tile to display in a webpage 

please expecting your ideas

15 REPLIES 15
jdurmus

To display only an individual tile from a Power BI report in a React web application, you will need to get the dashboard ID and tile ID of the tile that you want to display as it is stated in https://www.howtodo.blog 

Here are the steps to get the dashboard ID and tile ID:

1. Open the Power BI report in the Power BI service.
  2. Go to the dashboard that contains the tile you want to display.
  3. Click on the ellipsis (...) menu in the top right corner of the tile.
  4. Select "Embed" from the menu.
  5. In the "Embed Tile" dialog box, click on "Create".
  6. In the "Create a tile embed code" dialog box, select the options that you want for your embedded tile, such as the size and filters.
  7. Click on "Create".
  8. The dialog box will display the embed code for the tile, which includes the dashboard ID and tile ID.

Once you have the dashboard ID and tile ID, you can use the Power BI REST API to retrieve the tile data and embed it in your React web application. The API endpoint to get a tile by ID is:

https://api.powerbi.com/v1.0/myorg/dashboards/{dashboardId}/tiles/{tileId}

You will need to authenticate your request to the API using an access token or an API key. Once you have retrieved the tile data, you can use a Power BI visualization component, such as the "PowerBIEmbed" component in React, to display the tile in your web application.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm afraid I don't have this option 

Bilhan_0-1678721851871.png

@Anonymous ,

From where are you seeing this option? From Power BI Report or Power BI Dashboard?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rajulshah that screenshot was in the pbix file, and the report in the workspace link looks like (below)

Bilhan_0-1678803114908.png

@Anonymous ,

You can only get Ids when published to Power BI Service.

Anonymous
Not applicable

When I publish to work environment the link has only groupId and reportId, so in this way I can't see focus mode there (please see attached) and I can not see dashboardId and TileId on the link maybe? do you think if there's any way to get it ? If not I'm thinking to implement single visuals on seperate tabs to play around with 

Bilhan_0-1678889543379.png

@rajulshah 

@Anonymous ,

Are you pinning the visuals on dashboards? Please confirm.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rajulshah it was reporting. Good call, but I created a dashboard still I don't see any active way to go focus on mode there as well. 

@Anonymous , Can you see 3 dots on the visuals on the dashboard that you created?

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, I can't see

@Anonymous 

Can you provide the screenshot of the dashboard with dummy visual?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bilhan_0-1679334803821.png

there is no 3 dots in the dashboard @rajulshah 

@Anonymous ,

I guess you can take Microsoft Support because without the screenshot of the whole dashboard I won't be able to do judge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rajulshah I will search why the reason I can't see 3 dots on my dashboard visuals it could be a settings issue I believe.

rajulshah
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous ,

Please open the tile in Focus mode, and you would get both the things in the URL.

rajulshah_0-1678522634397.png

Following is the URL:

rajulshah_1-1678522733657.png

Please let me know if you need any other help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.