Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

randomUser21
Helper II
Helper II

how can i select last moth how can i select last month as default date range in my date segment?

Hello everyone,

how can i select last month as default date range in my date segment?

how can i select last month as default date range in my date segment?
the user must be able to change the date range to select several months but the default must be the last month selected

any one can help me ?

Best regard

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @randomUser21 ,

According to your description, you can use the visual filter of the slicer, select "Relative date", value is in the last 1 calendar months.

vyanjiangmsft_1-1686294797238.png

After apply filter, get the correct date range.

vyanjiangmsft_2-1686295043385.png

Once you save and close the report, in the next time you reopen it, it still in the last month. If you want to change the data range, click the "clear filter" button in the visual filter.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @randomUser21 ,

According to your description, you can use the visual filter of the slicer, select "Relative date", value is in the last 1 calendar months.

vyanjiangmsft_1-1686294797238.png

After apply filter, get the correct date range.

vyanjiangmsft_2-1686295043385.png

Once you save and close the report, in the next time you reopen it, it still in the last month. If you want to change the data range, click the "clear filter" button in the visual filter.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

hi @v-yanjiang-msft ,

thank for your answer ,

it works halfway, if the previous value in the segment was lower than the previous month it is kept, I have to move the cursor manually to the previous month, so that the selection is blocked at the previous month

Hi @randomUser21 ,

By my test, it will change automatically after you click apply. Please try again.

slicer.gif

Best Regards,

I don't know why for me it doesn't change automatically when I click apply.

It doesn't matter, it must be another problem.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.