Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

jiler13
Frequent Visitor

forecasting

Hey Everyone,

I am trying to learn about the forecasting in power bi. I have read many blogs that show the forecasting drop down in the analytics pane, but I do not see that. I have read for a line chart, have the date in the x axis and the value in the y axis. I currently have this, but can not see the forecasting drop down. I have the most recent version of the desktop. Please help!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @jiler13,

Current forecasting feature only available for regular records.(date, numeric, current text value not included)

You can take a look at below blogs:

Predict your milestones with forecasting in Power BI Desktop

FORECASTING THE FUTURE: NOW IN POWER BI

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @jiler13,

I think you can take a look at below link which told about forecasting feature.

Forecast Functionality in PowerBI

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-shex-msft,

I took a look at the link you sent and it was helpful, but unfortunately I can't even see the forecasting in the analytics pane. The below pictures are what I have in the data fields and then the analytics pane and I do not have a forecasting option. Do you know how to fix this? Thanks for your help!

2018-03-09 10_03_18-current State with sql - Power BI Desktop.png2018-03-09 10_03_34-current State with sql - Power BI Desktop.png 

Hi @jiler13,

Current forecasting feature only available for regular records.(date, numeric, current text value not included)

You can take a look at below blogs:

Predict your milestones with forecasting in Power BI Desktop

FORECASTING THE FUTURE: NOW IN POWER BI

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.