Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sstasche
Frequent Visitor

error message: UNABLE TO CONNECT

I keep getting the following error message when trying to connect to ANY data source - even sources that I had already successfully connected to in the past:

PBI null error.jpg

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I completely uninstalled and reinstalled the program, and that finally did the trick.  Thank you.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @sstasche,

Please click options->Options and Settings->Options, clear cache as follows.

1.PNG

For another, please clear all data source permissions, please see the screenshot below.

2.PNG

Then try to connect data source to check if there is any issue.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Thank you for the response.  I tried that, but it did not work.  I'm going to uninstall and reinstall to see if that helps.

Hi @sstasche,

Have you resolved your issue? If you have, welcome to share your solution or mark the right reply as answer. More people will benefit from here.

Best Regards,
Angelia

I completely uninstalled and reinstalled the program, and that finally did the trick.  Thank you.

Hi @sstasche,

Congrtulations, please mark your reply as answer, so more people will benefit from here.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.