Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JP-Ronse
Helper II
Helper II

convert back to hyperlink

Hi,

I ran a query on an Access database and one of the fields is an hyperlink field. The hyperlink is a link to a document/file on a server/sharepoint.

Loaded into Excel, the "hyperlinks" are just the text of the hyperlink in the database:

- #\\tbe1fp3\data rsc\Planning\Customers ISC

- \\tbe1fp3\Data RSC\Planning\

- #http://shpcustomerinfo

Is there a way to convert this back to a clickable hyperlink in Excel?

Thanks a kind regards,

JP-Ronse

4 REPLIES 4
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @JP-Ronse,

If I understand you correctly, you should be able set Data Categories for that field to 'Web URL' in PowerPivot to show it as  a clickable hyperlink in Excel Power View. For more details about how to Set Data Categories for fields in PowerPivot, you can refer to this article. Smiley Happy

ExcelData-37

category.PNG

Regards

Hi,

I googled this solution already, anyway thanks for the suggestion, but I don't need a pivot on the result, it is just a report and was hoping that it could be done with PQ. I wrote the query in the Access database and the exported result was a hyperlink.

I've found some work-arounds to convert the text to hyperlink. The remaining question is why PQ does not detect the field type and handle it appropriately.

Would you mind sharing your work arounds?  I'm trying to do something similar and would appreciate the help!

Thanks!

Hi,

I do remember me the exercise but I am very sorry I can't remember the work-arounds.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.