Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Prabukarana
Regular Visitor

auto refresh with ODBC datasaource

Hi...

How to connect auto Refresh with odbc database. I try to read tutor before but still not solved.

I use Power BI Desktop, and then i publish to Power BI web. All of running well.

and my question, how i can auto refresh in my Power BI web. 

I try to click button refresh in Power bi web, but no action. If i do that in Power BI Desktop running well.

Thanks..

4 REPLIES 4
mariobatistella
Helper II
Helper II

Good Morning!
I have the same scenario!
My data is updating just fine using ODBC + Gatweway scheduled!
But my question is: how do I make the service's web page update itself automatically?
Because I need to use the page on a TV on the wall, and if there's no way, I won't be able to complete my project!
Thanks!

v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Prabukarana,

I try to click button refresh in Power bi web, but no action. If i do that in Power BI Desktop running well.

The refresh button is used to refresh tiles on the report.

In order to refresh your dataset on the service, you can either select the ellipse (...) for the dataset, and click "REFRESH NOW" to manually refresh the dataset immediately, or you can follow steps from this article to configure a schedule refresh for it.Smiley Happy

refresh1.PNG

Regards

Hi @v-ljerr-msft thank you for reply.

I Know now my problem is in dataset. I already install On-Premises data Gateway.  Succes instalation.

But when i add datasource. It failed configuration. 

Configuration sama with my odbc in local computer. Still get Error.

datasource.png

Hi @Prabukarana,

What's the connection string you're using for the configuration? Here is a similar thread about how to add ODBC data source under gateway, could you go to check if it helps in your scenario? Smiley Happy

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

February 2024 Update Carousel

Power BI Monthly Update - February 2024

Check out the February 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Fabric Career Hub

Microsoft Fabric Career Hub

Explore career paths and learn resources in Fabric.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.