Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Heinet
Frequent Visitor

.aspx from sharepoint

We want to make a report based on data in sharepoint. The data is in a list that as far as I understand i sin a .aspx file and I am unable to get the data into power bi.

To total sharepoint link is like this: https://CompanyName365.sharepoint.com/sites/projectportal/Projectname/SitePages/process.aspx

On this page the project managers fill in a list like this after  opening up "0.1"

Heinet_0-1649162681098.png

I have tried via both sharepoint.list and sharepoint.content but I can't find any way to access the data, I can get properties etc for the .aspx but that is it.

I tried using webpage but it told me it only support anonymus authentication. Is there anyone that is smarter that me out here that see a solution?

Cheers Heinet

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Heinet ,

Power BI doesn't support us to get data from the ASPX files. For reference: Power BI data sources

However, I think Power BI may show you some information about the ASPX file, if you try to connect by Sharepoint Online list connector.

The below code, adding your URL in, will give you a good start.  As time goes on the filter line might require tweaking depending on what changes Microsoft makes, or if you need those elements.

let
    Source = SharePoint.Tables("https://<YourSite>", [ApiVersion = 15]),
    #"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(Source, each ([Title] <> "appdata" and [Title] <> "appfiles" and [Title] <> "Form Templates" and [Title] <> "List Template Gallery" and [Title] <> "Master Page Gallery" and [Title] <> "Site Assets" and [Title] <> "Solution Gallery" and [Title] <> "Style Library" and [Title] <> "TaxonomyHiddenList" and [Title] <> "Theme Gallery" and [Title] <> "Web Part Gallery"))
in
    #"Filtered Rows"

Here is a solved post with similar requirement like yours. You may refer to it to learn more details.

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Heinet ,

Power BI doesn't support us to get data from the ASPX files. For reference: Power BI data sources

However, I think Power BI may show you some information about the ASPX file, if you try to connect by Sharepoint Online list connector.

The below code, adding your URL in, will give you a good start.  As time goes on the filter line might require tweaking depending on what changes Microsoft makes, or if you need those elements.

let
    Source = SharePoint.Tables("https://<YourSite>", [ApiVersion = 15]),
    #"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(Source, each ([Title] <> "appdata" and [Title] <> "appfiles" and [Title] <> "Form Templates" and [Title] <> "List Template Gallery" and [Title] <> "Master Page Gallery" and [Title] <> "Site Assets" and [Title] <> "Solution Gallery" and [Title] <> "Style Library" and [Title] <> "TaxonomyHiddenList" and [Title] <> "Theme Gallery" and [Title] <> "Web Part Gallery"))
in
    #"Filtered Rows"

Here is a solved post with similar requirement like yours. You may refer to it to learn more details.

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.