Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

espinozan
Helper I
Helper I

YTD Revenue Calculation

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to create a measure in my report that calculates YTD Revenue but somehow I can't get it to do what I'm looking for. I have data ranging from Jan 2016 to Apr 2017. My measure is not giving me the correct numbers. 

YTD Revenue = TOTALYTD([Total Sales],'Calendar'[Date])YTD Rev.PNG
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @espinozan,

It seems that it's something wrong with the report. The "year" context should always be there with function "TOTALYTD". Have a look at the example in the picture. The "TotalYTD" will accumulate in one year (2007). And it will start from 0 in the next year.

You have data of two years. So the result will be wrong if there is only a month context. Please try to create a report as the picture showed. 

YTD Revenue Calculation .jpg

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @espinozan,

It seems that it's something wrong with the report. The "year" context should always be there with function "TOTALYTD". Have a look at the example in the picture. The "TotalYTD" will accumulate in one year (2007). And it will start from 0 in the next year.

You have data of two years. So the result will be wrong if there is only a month context. Please try to create a report as the picture showed. 

YTD Revenue Calculation .jpg

Best Regards!

Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks @v-jiascu-msft,

This helps alot, thank you. But is there to do a continuing YTD? Meaning it gives me a running sum for 12 months prior to today's date.

Hi @espinozan,

Could you please tell me if your problem was resolved? Could you please share the answer or mark the proper answer as solution if it's convenient for you? That will be a help to the others.

Best Regards!
Dale

Hi @espinozan,

Yes, YTD is continuing for 12 months. The third parameter decides the end of the 12 months. Have a look at this formula. It starts from "07-25" to "07-24" of the next year. (but we can't use today())

TotalYTD =
TOTALYTD (
    SUMX ( Sales, Sales[Quantity] * Sales[Unit Price] ),
    'Date'[Date],
    "07-24"
)

Best Regards!

Dale

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.