Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Works and invoices

Hi, 

I'm new to PowerBI, any help would be greatly appreciated! For ease, I have attached a dummy .pbix file with dummy data. You can download it via the link below:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RJ_wS1KiabRhuZFlwj4WzXz4ZVNFdwCz/view?usp=sharing

Introduction:

There are four tables in my data, with the following notes:

• Work: A work may consist of multiple invoices
  • Invoices: Works have relationships with invoices based on a Work ID. Each invoice has an amount. I have added a calculated column (Revenue_systemtype), which I currently use for my desired output
  • Service_reports: (Some of the) invoices have relationships with Service reports, based on an Invoice ID. Service reports categorize the invoices to System types
  • Service_reports_unpivot: I have unpivoted the Service_reports table to get my desired result (if there is a more elegant solution, please feel free to correct me on this)

Goals:

I want to segment my Invoices and Works to different System types.

• When an Invoice has three System types (e.g. Invoice ID = 1 has system type 1, 2 and 3), I want to assign 1/3 of the invoice amount to each system type. When an Invoice has two systems types (e.g. Invoice ID = 2), I want to assign 1/2 of the invoice to each. And when an invoice has 1 system type (e.g. Invoice ID = 5), I want to 100% to that system type
  • The calculated column in my Invoices table gives me the ability to do this
  • On the Report page, I have segmented each Work to the three system types (left matrix)
  • Also, the total amount of the invoices has been segmented (right matrix)

Questions:

Question 1: 

• The totals of these matrices do not add up to the sum of the individual rows. For example, for the right matrix, 145.76 + 271.18 + 92.75 does not equal 352.61. How can I fix this?

Question 2: 

• For some Works (e.g. Work ID = 1 and Work ID = 2), some invoices have no relationship to a Service report and therefore, the Invoice has not been given a System type. When this is the case, I do want to include all the Amounts of the Invoices in a Work, and use the ratio between the three system types of the Invoices that do have a relationship to a Service Report
  • For example, currently for Work ID = 1, the ratio between the System types is 1 : 2 : 3 = 72.37 : 78.27 : 67.81, and the total Invoice amount for that work is 218.46 when Invoice ID = 3 is not included
  • My desired output for Work ID = 1 is the following: a total Amount of Invoice ID 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 (i.e. 66.87 + 20.93 + 97.56 +91.03 + 39.62 = 316.01), with the ratio between System types 1 : 2 : 3 of abovementioned, resulting in 104.69 : 113.23 : 98.09
  • I would like to achieve the same for the total segmentation (i.e. the right matrix in the report)
  • How can I achieve this?

I have spent a lot of time on trying to get this done, so I would greatly appreciated any help!

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Based on what I got, measure like

Sumx(Summarize(Table, Table[Invoice ID]. Table[Work ID]), [Measure])

or

Sumx(Summarize(Table, Table[Invoice ID]. Table[Work ID],"_1", [Measure]),[_1])

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @amitchandak, thanks for your quick response. I don't understand it though. Could you be so kind to be a little more specific? In which table should I put the measure? To which tables and measures are you referring? [edit] and which of the two questions are you addressing? 

@Anonymous , Why this formula as not considered

Revenue_systemtype m = DIVIDE(sum(Invoices[Amount]), sum(Service_reports[Number of systems]))
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @amitchandak, although I appreciate your effort, the suggested measure is not achieving the desired result. Am I missing something here? 
Also, are you trying to answer question 1 or question 2?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.