Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

sprasad
Helper II
Helper II

Working with Custom Column

Hi,

1. I am trying to prepare a bug metrics to check the %age of bug has been fixed till now:

%age of Bug fixed is = Total no of Bugs in Closed State/ (Total bugs in Closed State+Total bugs in New State + Total bugs in Active State) * 100.

Below is the table which represents the data. I want to poulate the Custom column with the values using the above formula. How can I do this?

ProjectStateCountIssuesCustom
AClosed525525/526
ANew1525/526
BClosed1280
BUClosed1313/20
BUNew713/20
GClosed40
MNew6167/173
MClosed1670
NNew245/(29)
NClosed55/(29)
PNew436/36
PClosed3236/36
RActive11421/440
RNew8421/440
RClosed421421/440

How can Iuse the filter on State column in Custom column dialog so that I can filter the records based on State[new]+State[Active] etc?

TIA

CustomColumn.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@sprasad  After performing the steps posted above, then create a new table as below

Test187Final = SUMMARIZE(Test187,Test187[Project],"Custom",MAX(Test187[Custom]))

image.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a PBI Community Champion

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
PattemManohar
Community Champion
Community Champion

@sprasad  Please try this as a new column in Modeling tab (DAX) instead of Power Query Editor.

Custom = 
VAR _ClosedProjectSum = CALCULATE(SUM(Test187[CountIssues]),FILTER(ALL(Test187),Test187[State]="Closed" && Test187[Project] = EARLIER(Test187[Project])))
VAR _AllProjectSum = CALCULATE(SUM(Test187[CountIssues]),FILTER(ALL(Test187),Test187[Project] = EARLIER(Test187[Project])))
RETURN (_ClosedProjectSum/_AllProjectSum ) * 100

image.png

Thanks Manohar, It is working correctly. Can we display the %age calculated in Custom column in a single row for each project? 

@sprasad  After performing the steps posted above, then create a new table as below

Test187Final = SUMMARIZE(Test187,Test187[Project],"Custom",MAX(Test187[Custom]))

image.png

@sprasad 

As a custom Column, you can use this

Please see attached file's query editor

ChangedType is the name of previous step

=let  myproject=[Project]
      in
let 
mystates=Table.SelectRows(ChangedType, each [Project]=myproject)[State],

numerator=Table.SelectRows(ChangedType, each [Project]=myproject and [State]="Closed")[CountIssues],

denominator=Table.SelectRows(ChangedType, each [Project]=myproject)[CountIssues] 

in

if List.Contains(mystates,"New") then List.Sum(numerator)/List.Sum(denominator) else 0

Regards
Zubair

Please try my custom visuals

Hi Zubair,

Thanks for your help, Actually i couln't work through your code. where can i get the references or help of the code you worte?

Thanks

Sudhir

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.