Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

KG1
Resolver I
Resolver I

Working Days

Hi 

I have a date table linked to a completion date in my data table.

I need to be able to calculate the number of working days between the onsite date and completion date in the data table

I have already created a column in my date table which identifies a working day as 1 and a non working day as 0

I would like to create a calculated column to show the number of working days. If the onsite date and completion date are on the same day then the output would need to show 1.

Onsite_DateCompletion DateWorking days
10-Sep-2114-Sep-213
10-Aug-2111-Aug-212
10-Aug-2111-Aug-212
10-Aug-2111-Aug-212
10-Aug-2111-Aug-212
10-Aug-2111-Aug-212
10-Aug-2111-Aug-212
10-Aug-2111-Aug-212
17-Aug-2123-Aug-215
10-Aug-2111-Aug-212
11-Aug-2123-Aug-219
11-Aug-2123-Aug-219
11-Aug-2123-Aug-219

Thank you in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@KG1 , Try a new column like

business Day = COUNTROWS(FILTER(ADDCOLUMNS(CALENDAR(Table[Onsite_Date],Table[Completion Date]),"WorkDay", if(WEEKDAY([Date],2) <6,1,0)),[WorkDay] =1))

How to calculate Business Days/ Workdays, with or without date table: https://youtu.be/Qv4wT8_P-AA

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
KG1
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi - there were anomilies in there data where some the of the end dates were before the start dates. I created 2 new conditonal columns to flip the dates around and the DAX worked perfectly - thank you very much

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@KG1 , Try a new column like

business Day = COUNTROWS(FILTER(ADDCOLUMNS(CALENDAR(Table[Onsite_Date],Table[Completion Date]),"WorkDay", if(WEEKDAY([Date],2) <6,1,0)),[WorkDay] =1))

How to calculate Business Days/ Workdays, with or without date table: https://youtu.be/Qv4wT8_P-AA

Hi Apologies but I get the following error message

The start date in Calendar function can not be later than the end date.

@KG1 , Make sure the first date is a smaller one

business Day = if(Table[Onsite_Date] < Table[Completion Date] , COUNTROWS(FILTER(ADDCOLUMNS(CALENDAR(Table[Onsite_Date],Table[Completion Date]),"WorkDay", if(WEEKDAY([Date],2) <6,1,0)),[WorkDay] =1)),
COUNTROWS(FILTER(ADDCOLUMNS(CALENDAR(Table[Completion Date],Table[Onsite_Date]),"WorkDay", if(WEEKDAY([Date],2) <6,1,0)),[WorkDay] =1))

)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.