Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TungNguyen_19
Helper III
Helper III

Why when I change the column to summaize by sum the related result has been double?

Hello guys

I have these 2 tables like below:

TungNguyen_19_1-1708659741634.png

The fomular of the calculated column [TOTAL ESTIMATE COST] is 

[TOTAL ESTIMATE COST] = RELATED('TABLE A'[ESTIMATE COST])

When i put the column [TOTAL ESTIMATE COST] in table visual with option summarized by sum, the value will be double but if I change to don't summarized option the value return to correct number (same value from 'TABLE A'[ESTIMATE COST] )

Anybody know what happen here? I need the Total Summarize below of Table visual so I turn on this options. I have try to use Measure like this but the error still happen:

Measure Total Estimate Code = SUM([TOTAL ESTIMATE COST])

Many thanks ❤️ 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@TungNguyen_19 , This may be level you want sum is different from you rowlevel you can try like

Sumx(Summarize(Table, Table[Item], Table[TOTAL ESTIMATE COST]), [TOTAL ESTIMATE COST])

Or add more columns from visual

Sumx(Summarize(Table, Table[Item], Table[SKU], Table[TOTAL ESTIMATE COST]), [TOTAL ESTIMATE COST])

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@TungNguyen_19 , This may be level you want sum is different from you rowlevel you can try like

Sumx(Summarize(Table, Table[Item], Table[TOTAL ESTIMATE COST]), [TOTAL ESTIMATE COST])

Or add more columns from visual

Sumx(Summarize(Table, Table[Item], Table[SKU], Table[TOTAL ESTIMATE COST]), [TOTAL ESTIMATE COST])

Thank you, after I use your fomular for my measure with ID key of table look like it return correct value now

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.