Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Nietzsche
Helper IV
Helper IV

Why is there no resize cursor on the top edge of the Power BI desktop window?

Hello everyone,

I don't know if it is just me or that Powel BI Desktop does not show the resize cursor on the top edge so that I can adjust the height of the window.

Is this normal behaviour or bug?

10 REPLIES 10
Nietzsche
Helper IV
Helper IV

Looks like Microsoft has fixed this issue in the latest Power BI Desktop.

v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Nietzsche ,

It's normal, it's a design behavior. You can adjust the height on the bottom edge, the width on the left or right edge, and double-clicking on the top edge will maximize the page.

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

But how is this suppose to be a "feature"?? This is like the most basic requirement, no one should be requesting it.

Name one other software (from Microsoft or not) that does not let you resize the window from the top edge?

Hi @Nietzsche ,

I apologize for misunderstanding your point. This issue has been submitted internally. Please be patient to wait for fixing. If there is any news, I will update it here.

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

looks like MS has fixed this issue in the latest Power BI Desktop.

Thank you. 

Nietzsche
Helper IV
Helper IV

When you put the mouse cursor on the bottom edge of Power Bi window, you get the double headed arrow like this 

R0000243.JPG

But when you put on the top of Power BI window, you don't get that double headed arrow to adjust the size of the window.

R0000244.JPG

Hello @Nietzsche ,

you can modify it from the angle here

Idrissshatila_0-1697454341309.png

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, Appreciate your Kudos 👍

Follow me on Linkedin
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea 💡

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

Thank you, but I still would like to know if there is possibilty to get the top edge so I can adjust the height without changing the width of the window (which happens with corner size change), also I want to double click the double arrow so that it will maximum the height to fill my screen space vertically. I can not do that with corner.

Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

@Nietzsche , can you show us a screenshot about what you mean.

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, Appreciate your Kudos 👍

Follow me on Linkedin
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea 💡

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.