Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

manoj_0911
Helper III
Helper III

Why is the option for automatic page refresh is not present on power bi desktop?

Why is the option for automatic page refresh is not present on power bi desktop?

My datasource is IVR real-time streaming data, which is currently stored on an text file and connected to power bi desktop.

How to update data on Real Time Reports every 10 seconds without requiring user involvement on power bi service.

manoj_0911_0-1669039794885.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JorgePinho
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

If you connect using Direct Query, when you publish it to Power BI Service it will be always up-to-date and refreshed. However Direct Query is not an option when the source is a text file. So, the only way is to use scheduled refreshes but that won't guarantee live data.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JorgePinho
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

If you connect using Direct Query, when you publish it to Power BI Service it will be always up-to-date and refreshed. However Direct Query is not an option when the source is a text file. So, the only way is to use scheduled refreshes but that won't guarantee live data.

Thank you very much for responding. What options do we have for our real-time data scenario?
My boss needs the data to be refreshed every 10 seconds, and the data source file should be a simple text file.

Hello! 

In this page you can see the sources that support direct query: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/power-bi-data-sources

Yes, thank you once again. I have revised my response; could you kindly provide an answer to that question?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.