Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tyw214
Helper I
Helper I

Why is ALLEXCEPT not working as intended?

So first of all, I have a table which is a crossjoin:

TBL_ClientMonth_Corssjoin = 

CROSSJOIN(SUMMARIZE('TBL_Client_Prof_Dates','TBL_Client_Prof_Dates'[YearMonth]),SUMMARIZE(FILTER('CustProf Order',NOT(ISBLANK('CustProf Order'[AccountId]))),'CustProf Order'[AccountId]))

tyw214_0-1662053311133.png

i then linked the YearMonth of the CrossJoin back to the dates of the date table as shown above.

Now I tried a simple measure that should ignore all slicers except date slicers Client_Prof_Dates[Date]:

All Except Dates = Calculate(SUM('TBL_ClientMonth_Corssjoin'[Monthly Revenue]), ALLEXCEPT(Client_Prof_Dates,Client_Prof_Dates[Date]))

This measure returns a number that is effected by every slicer including a Client Name slicer which is derived from the TBL_ClientMonth_Corssjoin.

However, if I do:

All Except Dates = Calculate(SUM('TBL_ClientMonth_Corssjoin'[Monthly Revenue]), ALL(TBL_ClientMonth_Corssjoin[Client Name])

It properly ignroes the Client name table, and will be filtered correctly ONLY by the date slicers Client_Prof_Dates[Date] and not the TBL_ClientMonth_Corssjoin[Client Name] slicer.

Why is that?

2 REPLIES 2
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tyw214 ,

Please try this

All Except Dates =
CALCULATE (
    SUM ( 'TBL_ClientMonth_Corssjoin'[Monthly Revenue] ),
    FILTER (
        ALLSELECTED ( Client_Prof_Dates ),
        [Date] = MAX ( Client_Prof_Dates[Date] )
    )
)

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Tried this formula, and this return the sum of only the Selected Client Name 😞

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.