Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

gabrielp-sdmf
Frequent Visitor

Waterfall chart with different time periods

Hello everybody!

I'm having trouble creating a waterfall chart: I need to select the start and end period via two dropdown date menus, so that it gives me the biggest sales variations of certain products between these periods.

The problem is that it must accept different periods, for example: "current month X last year" or "last week X last quarter".

Each of these dropdowns refer to a calendar dimension that has the relationship disabled, to filter tables using the USERELATIOSHIP. For tables and graphs I was able to do it without problems, but I can't find a solution for this waterfall one.

I am attaching an example image, what I wanted was that instead of the way it is now, comparing two whole years, it use the values of the date filters: 2022 / January 2023

ex_waterfall.png

Any suggestions?
Thank you very much!

1 REPLY 1
v-jianboli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gabrielp-sdmf ,

Sorry for that the information you have provided is not making the problem clear to me. Can you please share more details to help us clarify your scenario?

Please provide me with more details about your table and your problem or share me with your pbix file after removing sensitive data.

Refer to:

How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

Best Regards,

Jianbo Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.