Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

mariner84
Advocate I
Advocate I

Waterfall Question

Hello,

I'm hoping this request is not too complicated but I greatly appreciate any help. I'm trying to show using a waterfall chart the activity during the year - starting headcount (January 1), hires, exits, transfers in, transfers out, current headcount. Each activity would come from a different data source. Ideally, below is a quick mockup of what it would look like. January 1, 2019 would stay static while each of the other categories would change throughout the year.

The data for each would be fairly simple with these columns in all data sources: Employee Number, Employee Name, Organization Level 1, Organization Level 2 . There would be date columns for the hire, exits, transfers in, and transfers out data to indicate the date for the applicable activity. The organization levels I'd like to use as a Slicer so I can filter.

Below is a quick idea of what it would likely look like. Any input would be very helpful. Thank you.

Waterfall.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@mariner84 

You may take a look at Shape and combine multiple data sources.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@mariner84 

You may take a look at Shape and combine multiple data sources.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.