Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ccalobeto
Frequent Visitor

Visuals with Parent-Child hierarchy

Hello,

I've been stuck with this issue for days and I need some help. I think there is something wrong in the measures YTD Vol By Customer, Participation Vol, YTD Vol By Enroller and Avg Downline Vol so some fields are not displayed as desired.

What I want is:

Report1:

Error: Only shows the Parent (EnrollerName) for every child row.
Correct: Display the DistributorName (the child) in the Matrix.

Report2:

Error: Not showing all the childs to the deepest level.
Correct: When I select the country in the slicer, the enroller name in the text filter then the Network Navigator visual should display the nodes from a parent-child hierarchy to the deepest level. If the Childs belong to a different country, paint the node with a different color.

For example:
** If I select name21(PE) the visual will display
name21(1rst level)
name20(2nd level)
name9(3rd level) (color1-US)
name8(4th level) (color2-AR)
*(5th level)*
name1, name2(color2-AR), name3, name4, name5(color1-US), name6(color2-AR), name7 (color3-CL)

** If I select name9 the visual will display
name9(1rst level)
name8(2nd level)
*(3rd level)*
name1, name2, name3, name4, name5, name6, name7

Thanks for your help

Carlos

pbix file

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1NyodJ-pBQL2DQXk8XzChm4e0mimO4Nca 

Reports

Report2

report2.png

Report1

report1.png

Model

model.png

3 REPLIES 3
ccalobeto
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your response. 

For Report1 The aggregated table shown could be one solution but should be hierarchical. The problem is you cannot move from a matrix to a pie chart. This report shows the most child contributors especially when you have in your raw data 15 levels and tens of childs.

For Report 2. What i feared, could you recommend another visual? This visual should be a way to track all the paths for a certain Parent. It is like when you look a parent in the text, it triggers a temporary table with all the rows where the parent is present in the PATH and displays them in the Network. Maybe I need some help to change the model and relationships. 

The model is hierarchical with 5 levels in the NetworkActivity. Here is a diagram

Hierarchical_model.png

Sounds like you are looking for a Sankey Chart visual.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

the Network Navigator visual should display the nodes from a parent-child hierarchy to the deepest level

That's not how graphs work (they treat nodes as source and target, not parent and child).    Your data also does not seem to support a hierarchy with more than two levels.

For your first question - if you use a matrix visual then you can properly show the correlation

lbendlin_0-1665706539099.png

Use the PATH functions for true parent child hierarchies.

What are you ultimately trying to achieve?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.