Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

jasont

Visualizations not rendering

Hi there. Having a problem getting any visualization to render. I've sent a frown to Microsoft with this error, but thought I'd ask the community if you had any guidance. I'm running Windows 7 Pro SP 1 (64bit). Also, BI Desktop Version: 2.37.4464.602 64-bit (July, 2016).

When I go to create a visual, below is what happens. It lieterally just hangs.

Capture.JPG

Thanks for any help.

Jason

4 REPLIES 4
KGrice
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

How large is your dataset? Is it just too much to process? Sorry for the basics, but I haven't seen this problem in the latest version.

There are only 1,974 records in the file. Seems pretty low to me. Interestingly, I don't have the problem in the cloud version.

Hi @jasont,

Does the issue occur when you create different types of visualizations? Could you please install Power BI Desktop in other computer and check if you can successfully create visuals?

Based on my test, when I import a Excel file which has 2100 rows approximately into Power BI Desktop, I can create visuals without issue. Would you mind sharing me the file? I will test it in my environment.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I am having the same issue, trying to extract data out of SQLDB. Although the data is download in Import mode. I can see the data but visualization is not rendering and the progress wheel is spining. The PowerBI Desktop is installed on a VM. If i copy the .pbix file to my local machine or publish my report it works fine. Don't know if the latest version of powerBI desktop has this issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.