Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RichFlorida
Helper IV
Helper IV

View generated SQL statement for a visual

I'm trying to validate the data in a table visual.

Is there a way to view the SQL statement generated behind the scene that returnes the displayed results?

Please advise!

note: I using a direct connection to the database,  I only get Report and Model views, I do not get the Data View.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

In the Report view open Performance Analyzer. Start Recording. Refresh Visuals. Grab the query for the visual you are interested in and examine it in DAX Studio.  NOTE:  DAX Studio will ask you if you want to load both queries. Say "yes" there. One of the queries will be DAX, the other will be the native query.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RichFlorida
Helper IV
Helper IV

Thank you @lbendlin 

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

In the Report view open Performance Analyzer. Start Recording. Refresh Visuals. Grab the query for the visual you are interested in and examine it in DAX Studio.  NOTE:  DAX Studio will ask you if you want to load both queries. Say "yes" there. One of the queries will be DAX, the other will be the native query.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.