Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PaisleyMike
Regular Visitor

Values not affected by filter

Hello 

I am looking for a way to show values but not have those values affected if a slicer is used 

If this is possible help would be appreciated 

Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @PaisleyMike,

The edit interaction is based on the full chart so the bar and lines will be or not affected by the slicers.

To have waht you want you need to place in the lines a calculated measure with a ALL sintax as filter.

As you can see below the red line is the measure i created in this case is:

Measure = CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Budget]);ALL(Table1[Project]))

On the left you have a chart that don't have any interactions with the slicer in the right it as look at the red line and at the black line you will check that the red always stays the same:

line_chart.gif

Regards.

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
quentin_vigne
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @PaisleyMike

You have to got to Format > Edit interactions 

And you have to click else on the filter icon or the other one

interactions.PNG

Quentin

Dear Quentin,

Thanks for this reply, I get it to work. But I would like a visual to be unaffected by ALL slicers. I currently have plenty in my report, and setting this up for each and every one of them is a bit tedious and I think poor practice... Any ideas? Thanks a lot!

Jonatan

Hi @JonatanM 

If you have a specific visual that you don't want to be affected by the slicer then you need to create a measure or measure specifically designed for that visual that will keep filters untouched.

Depending on what is the calculation you are doing this can be done using a REMOVEFILTERS for example:

https://dax.guide/removefilters/

There are other alternatives but please check the documentation and if needed get back to me please.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Thanks Miguel, I have been unable to try this out as of yet but it looks very much like what I was looking for. 

Thanks 

Also is there a way to do this withing a line and stacked Chart 

e.g 

Bar chart is able to change 

Line chart remains unchanged 

@PaisleyMike

yes you can do that, there is the same option, you only have to click on the the slicer and then choose the filter on the line chart

Unfortunetly cant get it working 

Capture.PNG

I can get it working with seperate chart but cannot get it working for this type of chart 

which is a Line and clustered column chart 

Hi @PaisleyMike,

The edit interaction is based on the full chart so the bar and lines will be or not affected by the slicers.

To have waht you want you need to place in the lines a calculated measure with a ALL sintax as filter.

As you can see below the red line is the measure i created in this case is:

Measure = CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Budget]);ALL(Table1[Project]))

On the left you have a chart that don't have any interactions with the slicer in the right it as look at the red line and at the black line you will check that the red always stays the same:

line_chart.gif

Regards.

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

rexample.PNG

It's working here, are you sure you are editing the interactions ? On the above picture we can see there is the filter and "parting" option on the line and clustered column chart

- Quentin

alexei7
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi,

Yes you can do this.

If you select the slicer you should see a menu appear at the top with "Format" as the title.

If you click on this, there's an option to "Edit iteractions". Click on this and each visual will have a filter icon or a circle with a line through it. If you click the circle with line, that will mean that the visual will not be filtered by that slicer.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.