Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

albindejoe
Frequent Visitor

Using multiple filters with page navigation selected Value not getting passed to the detail page

Requirement : 
The requirement is to update the radio button according to the selection in another visualization.
we have used page navigation with the bookmark inorder to move the selected filter data from main page to detail page

Filters :

Filter 1 (Named as Metrics): 

>Region
>client

Filter 2:

>value
>Percentage

Filter 3:
>Positive
>Negative

Filter 4:(Used as action control for page navigation)
>Last Month 
>Last year 

Step1 :
Choosing an option from metrics as "Region" and launching the detail page based on the filter combinations

Step2:

The detail page which has been launched with metrics as Region , but am changing it to "Client" this time and then move to the main page and then selects the option as "Region"

The value "region" is not getting passed to the details page and only the last chosen option "Client" has been  selected in the detail page.

Workaround:
To launch a dashboard with multiple filter options based on metrics,projections sales , positive/negative & value/Percentage. we have to create multiple pages based on the combinations which came around 98 combinations.

Please note that creating multiple detail pages is not the right answer/option Since there will be a lot of manual work involved .Also it will be a hindrance for making any enhancement in future.

This is only a simplified example and I cannot create 100+ detail pages.

1 REPLY 1
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @albindejoe ,

Taking into account you description in this case you need to use a MGI that get's you the combination of those selected values.

However I don't understand how your slicers and filters are being setup because on some you refer that they are measures and on another control page.

Can you please share a mockup data or sample of your PBIX file. You can use a onedrive, google drive, we transfer or similar link to upload your files.

If the information is sensitive please share it trough private message.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.