Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jnickell
Helper V
Helper V

Using Windows' snap function to maximize extends beyond screen

Recently (I think it might be since October update but I'm not sure) if I attempt to drag PowerBI to top of the screen on an external monitor so that it'll maximize, it will actually extend the right side of the window beyond the visible monitor space. If I perform the same action on my laptop's primary monitor it fills the window correctly. 

Below is what I see in the top right of my screen.  

2021-10-20 11_24_41-Zahner_MasterAnalyticalModel - Power BI Desktop.png

If I use the "Window Maximize" button on the application, it fills the screen correctly.  

This is happening with multiple setups 

Setup 1 is DVI Monitor connected via Display Port on laptop's dock, configured to be right of primary

Setup 2 is an HDMI monitor connected directly to laptop's HDMI port, configured to be left of primary

Is anyone else seeing this? I am using Version: 2.98.683.0 64-bit (October 2021) via the Windows Store.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, @jnickell 

We can only help till this on the forum. For your situation, I suggest you open a support ticket to further help.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Janey

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jnickell
Helper V
Helper V

The Windows Store version is different, but it avoids the need of having to manage the updating process. I'd kind of like to continue using it.  I was able to reproduce the error in at least one of the scenarios I described (Scenario 1) with the 'traditional' install.

Hi, @jnickell 

I test it in my device. When I drag the one screen, whether it is maximized or not, it will become smaller, and then after dragging to another screen, it will be full screen when maximized. Everything is normal.

If you download the normal version and still have problems, it should be a problem with your computer configuration. How do you configure dual screens? Is the screen resolution the same?

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If not, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards,

Both screens have the same resolution (1920 x 1080).  The screen without the issue is at 125% scaling and the screen with the issue is at 100% scaling.

Hi, @jnickell 

So your problem really has nothing to do with pbi version, try to keep the two screen zoom ratios the same.

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

I think that's the wrong conclusion to draw when other programs (Edge, Chrome, etc) do not incorrectly misinterpret screen dimensions when using the snap functions. This is an issue related to PowerBI and how it's window is being rendered.

Hi, @jnickell 

We can only help till this on the forum. For your situation, I suggest you open a support ticket to further help.

Best Regards,

v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @jnickell 

Please try to download Power BI Desktop by the below link to see if problem still exists:

Download Microsoft Power BI Desktop from Official Microsoft Download Center

Don't download from the windows store, the version is indeed different sometimes.

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.