Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tomsmith213
Frequent Visitor

Using Date Table - Graphs Not Filtering Correctly Now??

Hi All, really new to using date tables. I don’t usually use them as it messes up my graphs and what I can filter by, but trying to learn the proper way, as everyone says to use them...
I have connected all my sales reports to a date table and that’s working fine, time intelligence all works.

I have then imported another spreadsheet for upcoming work, but now the date field on that report has lost it hierarchy. (hence why I dont use date tables!!)
I have connected the relationship to the date table, but now I can't filter by the salesperson as it doesn’t allow for two relationships to be linked.

This image is what I get for using the normal date field in the upcoming work (which is no longer a date) but can’t view it on a month level, however the filter for sales person works fine as i connected that relationship.

tomsmith213_0-1676047077746.png

I Get the below graph, which is connected to the date table, but the filter on the salesperson, no longer works as its saying I can’t have two active relationships.

i need to see the graph like the below, but when i select the sales person filter it filters out.

Currently is just does nothing as the relationship is turned off.

tomsmith213_1-1676047319035.png

Where am I going wrong here, as I don’t get why people use date tables, if puts so many limitations on what you can do with them?

Thanks for the help!

5 REPLIES 5
tomsmith213
Frequent Visitor

found a work around. just turned off the filter interaction with the graph on the year filter. Not ideal as i dont understand why I have to do that, but gets me what I need I guess 😞

miTutorials
Super User
Super User

Can you post the screenshot of your data model ? 

Hi, thanks for trying to help.

Date is connected to sales reports date.

Date is connected to upcoming work

Sales reports salesperson is connected to upcoming work Sales person.

tomsmith213_0-1676278873839.png

Hi, just to show what is doing currently.

First screenshot is fine, it shows eveything on a month level from the upcoming sales report for all sales people.

tomsmith213_1-1676279350181.png

however when i select the salesperson name, it only shows me Feb and removes all the other months where they have orders for.

tomsmith213_2-1676279473670.png

its weird, when the filter is on all years I get what I want to see, all the upcoming months worth of sales orders for 2023 by sales person.

tomsmith213_0-1676280834681.png

but as soon as I click the year 2023 it only shows me feb and removes all the other months?

all of my other filters for Month is set to all, so dont get why its removing all the future months from the graph.

tomsmith213_1-1676281064722.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.