Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

biuser4
Frequent Visitor

User Form to Generate Report

This is more of a general thought/talking point to see if what I'm trying to do is feasible.

Basically, I have a dataset with many variables that I've run multiple regressions for in R (many variables) based on high level groupings (like many education paths grouped into one overarching education department type group.) The model has generated coefficients, r squares/adj and pvalue/relevance for each variable for each group. I intend to take the R output and drop it into PBI as reference tables - with the intention of creating a form (or several slicers) for users to fill out. I'm then going to use a bookmark arrow to jump to another page where certain stats will be displayed based on input from the user. This will require many vlookups and matching. I need R to to do the group level regression efficiently (across thousands of groups), and I don't want to do this in Excel since I need a higher level of polish and integration into 365 evnironment for efficient distribution.

Will passing slicer values through to formulas or charts prove to be too mcuh for PBI to handle or would moving down this path be feasible? If feasible, do you have any advice or references to look into what I'm trying to accomplish? The etirety of the data set and model will rest in PBI - no SQL connections. Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @biuser4,

Apart from importing excel report into Power BI desktop, we can only load original dataset from other source into desktop. So, I'm afraid the requirement that using From to generate report cannot be achieved now.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.