Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jfrench

User Access for reporting built on Sharepoint List

Hello, I have a Power BI license and I made a report within a Sharepoint List. I created the report by going to Integrate->Power BI-> Visualize the List and created graphs from there. When I published the report back to SP List, I received this pop-up messaging confirming that anyone who had access to view the list would also have access to view my reports. But I'm having an issue because all of my coworkers keep receiving an "upgrade to pro" error message when they try and access the report. I've connected with my internal IT department, they are at a loss of understanding.

Am I missing something that will allow my coworkers-who are not licensed with PowerBI-to gain access to view the report?

Thank you for any help and understanding you can provide me.

Here is the screen shot confirming that any user who has access to the list will be able to see my report

jfrench_0-1679438530943.png

Here is screen shot that my team is receiving when they try and view the report

jfrench_1-1679438623579.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jfrench ,

vtangjiemsft_0-1679536877047.png

For Embed in SharePoint Online reports to work, the following is required:

1. The Power BI web part for SharePoint Online requires Modern Pages.

2. To consume an embedded report, users must sign in to Power BI service to activate their Power BI license.

3. Users need a Power BI Pro or Premium Per User (PPU) license, unless the report is hosted in a Power BI Premium capacity (EM or P SKU). In that case, users only need a free Power BI license to view reports embedded in Sharepoint Online.

Embed a report web part in SharePoint Online

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jfrench ,

vtangjiemsft_0-1679536877047.png

For Embed in SharePoint Online reports to work, the following is required:

1. The Power BI web part for SharePoint Online requires Modern Pages.

2. To consume an embedded report, users must sign in to Power BI service to activate their Power BI license.

3. Users need a Power BI Pro or Premium Per User (PPU) license, unless the report is hosted in a Power BI Premium capacity (EM or P SKU). In that case, users only need a free Power BI license to view reports embedded in Sharepoint Online.

Embed a report web part in SharePoint Online

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.