Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Dave_Delfino
Frequent Visitor

Use parameter value to shift project starting dates

Hello everyone,

Dave_Delfino_1-1688993093416.png

the blue graphs are two workload curves (two  projects) showing a peak which runs over the maximum capacity (may 23). i want to give the user the possibility to "shift single projects to the left and right by manipulating the dates in the connected table.

Dave_Delfino_2-1688993203228.png

but the new column approach doesnt work so far and a measure cannot be used as x-axis value currently.

Does anybody know how to fix this (i hope rather simple) problem?

Thank you very much in advance! 

David

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Dave_Delfino , Create a measure for the new date and then join it with the date table in measure, like dynamic segmentation

example

Dynamic segmentation -Measure to Dimension conversion: https://youtu.be/gzY40NWJpWQ

Customer Retention with Dynamic Segmentation, New/Lost/Retain Customer Count: https://youtu.be/EyL7KMw877Q

Good Morning Amit!

i watched your video but failed to understand how the segmentation impatcs my "dateadd" function.

i still try to shift a date-based column (dd.mm.yyyy) based on a selectedvalue from a parameter.

Dave_Delfino_0-1689051242627.png

could you help me out and explain using a date-example?

Thank you in advance,

David

Dave_Delfino_1-1689051354545.png

here is a screenshot of the (to beshifted) date column "work days" and the try to shift the dates "shifted project"

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.