Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Use Count as a filter to exclude from database/visualization

Hello users,

I have a huge database and I need to exclude all devices with a count of 1.

Example: There are devices with a count of 1 and more than 1. I would like to exclude Device "1003","4001","5100" from my database as a filter. Please help.

DeviceCount
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@danextian I used SUMMARIZE function to get count of Device IDs. Used it as a filter in my dashboard and the solution has worked.

SN_Count = SUMMARIZE('fact CEC_SR_RAW','Table'[Machine_Serial_Number],"DSN",COUNT('fTable'[Machine_Serial_Number]))

prasadhebbar315_0-1677555686731.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
danextian
Super User
Super User

hi @prasadhebbar315 ,

Is the count column already in the database? If so, you can just filter them out in Power Query

danextian_0-1677464315636.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.

Count is not a column otherwise I would have used it as a filter. Thanks @danextian 

Please see my other reply.

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.

If the count column  doesnt exist in the data source, you can use Table.Group to create such and then filter to exclude anything > 1. Try this sample code

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WclTSUXJJLctMTlVwVIrViVZyQgg4gQWcEQLOYAEXhIALWADDDDeEgBtYwB0h4E6kLa4IAVewgBdCwEspNhYA", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type nullable text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [Device = _t, #"Device Name" = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Device", type text}, {"Device Name", type text}}),
    #"Grouped Rows" = Table.Group(#"Changed Type", {"Device"}, {{"All Columns", each _, type table [Device=nullable text, Device Name=nullable text]}, {"Count", each Table.RowCount(_), Int64.Type}}),
    #"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(#"Grouped Rows", each [Count] <= 1),
    #"Expanded All Columns" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(#"Filtered Rows", "All Columns", {"Device Name"}, {"Device Name"})
in
    #"Expanded All Columns"

The below text is throwing error. How to eliminate them?

Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WclTSUXJJLctMTlVwVIrViVZyQgg4gQWcEQLOYAEXhIALWADDDDeEgBtYwB0h4E6kLa4IAVewgBdCwEspNhYA", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type nullable text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [Device = _t, #"Device Name" = _t]),

What error are you getting. Tested just that line myself and it didnt' return an error

danextian_0-1677552534627.png

Also the whole script I gave you should be pasted in a blank query using the Advanced Editor. Be sure to delete everything else before pasting it.

danextian_1-1677552626272.png

@danextian I used SUMMARIZE function to get count of Device IDs. Used it as a filter in my dashboard and the solution has worked.

SN_Count = SUMMARIZE('fact CEC_SR_RAW','Table'[Machine_Serial_Number],"DSN",COUNT('fTable'[Machine_Serial_Number]))

prasadhebbar315_0-1677555686731.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.