Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SteveIves
Frequent Visitor

Update a table with values from another table

I have a table of dates and timeslots built entirely in Power Query:

SteveIves_0-1686121617828.png

The timeslots are currently 30m long just to make it easier to visulaise - eventually these will be 1 minute if feasible. 

I also pull in a .csv file with the following structure:

SteveIves_1-1686121753953.png

The .csv file represents periods when a certain condition was true (the PERIOD and MONTH column are superfluous).

There will be one row per period and there can be multiple periods on any given date.

The aim is to produce somelthing like a Gannt-chart as per this post - https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/Calculate-subtotal-rows-by-column/m-p/3268562#M109... but that still has multiple row per day if there were multiple periods on that date. 

How can I, using either Power Query or DAX, update the values in my timeslot table to be a '1' if the condition was true for any part of that timeslot?

Alternatively, if there is some way to simply build a timeslot table with 0 and 1 directly from my .csv file, that would be good.

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please provide sample data (with sensitive information removed) that covers your issue or question completely, in a usable format (not as a screenshot).
https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.