Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

bdeleur
Helper II
Helper II

Unique value count only at start date

Hi,

I have a datebase and I need to count only the first row of the unique reference.

So it looks like this:

ReferenceStart date
11-1-2023 17:00
21-1-2023 16:23
112-1-2023 10:34

The expected result is:

1-1-2023 2 (reference 1 and 2) and specified at hour: 1 at 16:00 (reference 2) en 17:00 1 (reference 1)

and no count for reference 1 on 12-1-2023

I can get the count when the reference is present but I only wants the first and ignore the rest.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @bdeleur 

You can try the following methods.

Column = 
Var _count= CALCULATE(COUNT('Table'[Reference]),ALLEXCEPT('Table','Table'[Start date]))
Var _mindate=CALCULATE(MIN('Table'[Start date]),ALLEXCEPT('Table','Table'[Reference]))
Return
IF([Start date]=_mindate,_count,BLANK())

vzhangti_0-1682493868362.png

vzhangti_1-1682493895049.png

Is this the result you expect?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @bdeleur 

You can try the following methods.

Column = 
Var _count= CALCULATE(COUNT('Table'[Reference]),ALLEXCEPT('Table','Table'[Start date]))
Var _mindate=CALCULATE(MIN('Table'[Start date]),ALLEXCEPT('Table','Table'[Reference]))
Return
IF([Start date]=_mindate,_count,BLANK())

vzhangti_0-1682493868362.png

vzhangti_1-1682493895049.png

Is this the result you expect?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-zhangti,

Tnx for you answer.

When I apply the code at my database I think it is almost correct. When I use a filter on the column with 1 I get the first but sometimes I see a different number (2 till 6). When I filter on the reference that is the only result.

I think that I get the result I want when I filter out the blank results but why generates the higher numbers?

I'll validate a bit more to see what exactly is happening.

Edit: I get it now. On the exact date and time there a 3 results in the database. It generates a 3 because it's number 3 of the reference numbers. But that is okay and no problem.

I'll do the validating but it seems alright. I'll mark your answer as the solution!

Tnx!!

bdeleur
Helper II
Helper II

Anybody an suggestion?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.