Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Union two datasets to circumvent Salesforce report 2000 row API

Hi,

I have a Salesforce report that I would like to connect to Power BI, but it is over 25K rows, so the direct Salesforce report API is not an option as the limit is 2K rows. I had an idea to download the current report as a CSV, use that as my data source, and then refresh the Salesforce report API each day to add any new rows to my original dataset that have been added that day. Is there a clever way to do this within PowerBI? Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@amitchandak , @Anonymous - Well, I think the easy way to do this would be to import the CSV file once, turn off refresh. Create another table using the API. Append the two tables, remove duplicates. You could run that until all 2000 API entries are duplicates and at that point you just update your CSV file.

Not pretty but functional. Could definitely be improved upon but that would at least be a start.

Follow on LinkedIn
@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ReportBuilder07
Helper III
Helper III

Hi, I know this reply is very late lol, but were you able to find a solution? As a workaround, maybe you can try to test your connection with a 3rd party connector and you won't have to unite 2 datasets later. I've tried windsor.ai, supermetrics and funnel.io. I stayed with windsor because it is much cheaper so just to let you know other options. In case you wonder, to make the connection first search for the Salesforce connector in the data sources list:

SALESFORCE-1.png

After that, just grant access to your Salesforce account using your credentials, then on preview and destination page you will see a preview of your Salesforce fields:

SALESFORCE-2.png

There just select the fields you need. It is also compatible with custom fields and custom objects, so you'll be able to export them through windsor.  Finally, just select PBI as your data destination and finally just copy and paste the url on PBI --> Get Data --> Web --> Paste the url. 

SELECT_DESTINATION_NEW.png

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Greg_Deckler , @parry2k , what do you think about this?

@amitchandak , @Anonymous - Well, I think the easy way to do this would be to import the CSV file once, turn off refresh. Create another table using the API. Append the two tables, remove duplicates. You could run that until all 2000 API entries are duplicates and at that point you just update your CSV file.

Not pretty but functional. Could definitely be improved upon but that would at least be a start.

Follow on LinkedIn
@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I'll try this

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.