Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

warden75
Regular Visitor

Unable to open Power BI Desktop "Unable to download KoForm.htm from pbi.microsoft.com"

Hi Guys,

For the last day I've been unable to open Power BI Desktop.

I get the following error when I attempt to open

warden75_0-1691683574214.png

If I click OK then the Power BI Desktop doesn't respond to anything.  I have to force close the application.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled, no change.  Tried both the x64 and x86 versions, exactly the same behaviour.

I am using the latest version - 2.119.986.0

I have seen a similar post but there was no real suggestion as to what resolved the problem apart from a Windows Update, but I have done all updates that I can.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I cannot use the Desktop at the moment, only the web version.

Thanks,

Matt.

2 REPLIES 2
warden75
Regular Visitor

Hi @Ritaf1983 

Many thanks for your reply.  I will post in issues, many thanks for letting me know.

Thanks,

Matt.

Ritaf1983
Super User
Super User

Hi @warden75 

Highly recommend posting it in issues and opening the support ticket for Microsoft service.

Link to the issues :

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

Opening ticket link to the tutorial:
https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-create-a-support-ticket-in-Power-BI/...

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.