Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

hjagat512

Unable to Export Visuals on PDF or Powerpoint

I need help. I built a Power BI Report using the visuals from Microsoft Appsource and when I exported the report as a PDF. The report had the below error and wasn't able to download the visuals.

Live Power BI Report on the web

hjagat512_0-1715334432390.jpeg

Exported Page of the downloaded report in PDF.

hjagat512_1-1715334444333.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yilong-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @hjagat512 ,

As you can see from the image, the cause of the problem is that certain types of visual objects are not supported when exporting reports to PDF or PowerPoint. This includes many custom visual objects from Microsoft Appsource. If the report contains unsupported visual objects, they may appear as gray boxes with error messages or may not be included in the export at all. This is explicitly mentioned in this documentation: Export reports to PDF - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

vyilongmsft_0-1715579796884.png

Best Regards

Yilong Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yilong-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @hjagat512 ,

As you can see from the image, the cause of the problem is that certain types of visual objects are not supported when exporting reports to PDF or PowerPoint. This includes many custom visual objects from Microsoft Appsource. If the report contains unsupported visual objects, they may appear as gray boxes with error messages or may not be included in the export at all. This is explicitly mentioned in this documentation: Export reports to PDF - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

vyilongmsft_0-1715579796884.png

Best Regards

Yilong Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

ray_aramburo
Super User
Super User

The visual says the issue: it does not support exporting. There's no way to fix it unless you change it to other visual.

Did I answer your question? Give your kudos and mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.