Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

MattEnerpac

Trying to summarize/sum data in a column on import

Hopefully I'm explaning this well, but i have a full listing of journal entry data by line for the calendar year. I'm trying to either create a separate table (or column, i guess) that will sum up all lines for each journal entry for me to put into a visual, so i can have side by side visuals showing how many entries are made by line and how many are made per entry, if that makes sense. I can figure out how to do this in ACL and other programs, but am hoping PowerBi can do this for me. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MattEnerpac

If you want to get sum varying amounts for each journal entry, Ihave built a simply data sample:

Eyelyn9_0-1649296332669.png

You could create a measure:

Measure = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[varying amounts]),ALLEXCEPT('Table','Table'[Journal entry]))

Or use the summarize type of SUM as the below shown.

Screenshot 2022-04-07 100204.jpg

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MattEnerpac

If you want to get sum varying amounts for each journal entry, Ihave built a simply data sample:

Eyelyn9_0-1649296332669.png

You could create a measure:

Measure = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[varying amounts]),ALLEXCEPT('Table','Table'[Journal entry]))

Or use the summarize type of SUM as the below shown.

Screenshot 2022-04-07 100204.jpg

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

MattEnerpac

Hey Dave,

My end goal is to take a listing of journal entries that are currently provided by line, and basically subtotal them to obtain their total value - I.E. if I have 14 line items of journal entry #2503 that are for varying amounts, i'd like to have a report that shows just one line for journal entry #2503 but a total of all of the line amounts. Does that make more sense?

davehus
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Can you provide and example of what it is you're trying to achieve?

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.