Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Dshami
Frequent Visitor

Total of Measure showing wrong value

I am having a calculated column with conditional IF statement. Using which I am trying to create the current and previous year total sales.. all the columns and measures have decimal value as datatype. But I'm getting wrong value of sum. Please guide.

My measure is 

Current year = CALCULATE (SUM(Table[Total sales], DATESBETWEEN (Calendar [Date], DATE(2022,01,01), DATE (2022,12,31)))

If i drag products in table or matrix and add this same measure it shows all correct positive value (total is 8.91M) and if I drag the same measure in card it shows me -6200 value.

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Dshami,

Any update on this? Can you please share a pbix or some dummy data that keep the raw data structure with expected results? It should help us clarify your scenario and test to coding formula.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly  

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

GAURAVJANGRA09_0-1669722837868.png

Hi,

I have implemented the same at my end it gives me same result make sure there isn't any filter applied on the page or visual.

Thanks,
Gaurav

Jayee
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

May be you can send a sample file without sensitive information so that i can able to help you futher.

Jayee
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @Dshami ,

Try below measure

Measure = Sumx(summarize(tablename,[Date],"X",[Current Year]),[X])

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.